Sunday, April 24, 2011

Watery weather

Before I return to grey, damp Victoria as it is just now, I want to say thanks to the prairie sun gods who have smiled so warmly on my visit to Saskatchewan.

Not quite the prayer that the people of Saskatchewan are saying I'm sure, as the fine weather brings with it more snowmelt, into the saturated fields -- in fact, some folks are still looking for their driveways....



-- and the overburdened waterways, like Regina's Wascana Creek



which at present runs through rather than past Rotary Park



from Wascana Lake.. which is bigger than it used to be.



It gives the redwing blackbird something to sing about.



Anyway, it's been a fine day for an Easter stroll, as I prepare for tonight's reading at The Chimney Restaurant and Lounge here in Regina, with Betty Jane Hegerat and Steven Ross Smith.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Bernadette said...

And a great reading it was!

11:08 p.m.  
Blogger Rhona McAdam said...

Thanks Bernadette! I enjoyed it too!

6:55 a.m.  
Blogger Shelley Banks said...

Wonderful reading! (I have two pictures up on my blog now - one weird, one not weird.)

And! I love that picture the benches under water!

4:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics of Saskatchewan, Rhona. Nice to see you last week. - Leona

7:45 p.m.  
Blogger Rhona McAdam said...

Photogenic province, and I'm missing the 20 degree sunshine already. Lovely to see you as well Leona, and Shelley. Hope it won't be toooo long till the next time.

7:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home